This department has rich collection of 70-80 histological slides which has been procured from India and Japan. Fifteen electrical microscope has added precision and accuracy of the students a lot.These slides of various histological type undoubtedly helping the students of their acquiring knowledge.
There is wide collection of different models of different organs and teeth, books, atlas ,posters and Journals has enriched this department and has established it as one of the most modern dental anatomy department of the country.
To prepare the student in such a way that he/she can be able to understand structure of the orofacial region, so that they are competent enough for dental practice.
- To understand the comprehensive structure of human orofacial region and particularly teeth, Head and neck.
- To know the importance of anatomical structures and their applications in dentistry.
- To be able to identify each structure to encounter it properly during dental practice.
- To be able to understand positions of various organs radio graphically.
- To understand the general embryology and special embryology of head and neck.
Their congenital anomalies which may be encountered during clinical practice.